A staple in the Gulfcoast Region, Ro Wright has been a public figure since the age of 10 years old. With an extensive resume in Radio, Television, Ministry, Spoken Word, Music, and most importantly – Publishing… he has been a light for thousands since he was a kid. Known for his ‘rotivational’ books and blogs, he has become a social media giant reaching thousands daily with his advice of hope and encouragement. Born and raised in Louisiana, he resides in the New Orleans Metro Area.
Roosevelt Wright, III is professionally known as Ro Wright and he is sometimes called “Hero”. He resides in Slidell, LA, a suburban area on the New Orleans Northshore. Ro was born in Monroe, LA and spent 17 years in Shreveport, LA. After graduating from Carroll High School in Monroe (1994), he studied Mass Communications at Southern University in Baton Rouge, LA. In High School, he was Student Body President, a member of the National Beta Club, School Debate Team, School Spoken Word Team Leader, and winner of the NAACP Act-So in which he spoke on the National Stage as teen in 1993.
Ro has self-published five books. Tenacity, The Power of Possibility, Intermission, and Get The Ring Keep The Ring are all self empowerment books. He released his first novel in 2019, The People Next Door.
With ten musical projects in his catalog, his fan base has been growing since he was a teenager. Ro has released original R&B, Contemporary Gospel, and Spoken Word projects over a span of 25 years. His latest project, The Recipe, is an R&B project due for release early 2020. He has won several national awards for Music & Arts, including two Golden Mic Awards for Spoken Word.
Ro and his wife Sandria Wright are very energetic and engaging leaders. They have kept a personal commitment for more than a decade to building not only the people attracted to their local ministry efforts but around the country as well.
Ro is an accomplished businessman, well traveled, Author, Poet, and Life Coach with a passion for building Marriage and pushing Men to their highest potential. He has been featured on HBO, MTV, Fox Sports, Ebony Magazine, and TBN for his impressive career in making an impact on the lives around him.
He began in ministry at a young age in his father’s church in Monroe, LA. Tabernacle Baptist Church taught him the basics of Christianity and planted the seeds that would later produce fruit all over the world. For 13 years, he was a popular Radio Personality, Community Activist, and Minister in the Greater Shreveport area of Louisiana. After building a congregation in Shreveport for 5 years, he and his wife accepted a greater opportunity to work in Ministry in New Orleans in 2009.
At 43 years old, his resume is quite impressive.
- State Leader for the Louisiana Baptist Youth Encampment Association for more than 10 years.
- Youngest recipient of the Amistad Leadership Award.
- Two Time Golden Mic Award Winner for Public Speaking.
- National Baptist Convention Spoken Word & Contemporary Arts Contributor
- Member of the Clergy Circle at Tabernacle Baptist Church for 8 years.
- Member of the Clergy Circle and Church Leadership team at Household of Faith in New Orleans, LA for 3 years.
- Youth, Men, Marketing, and Marriage Ministry at Praise Temple Full Gospel Baptist Cathedral in Shreveport, LA over a span of 5 years.
- Youth, Dramatic Arts, Evangelism, and Spoken Word Leader at Mt. Olive Baptist Church in Shreveport, LA for 5 years.
- Spoke in more than 235 schools, churches, and community events in one year. (2013)
- Assisted the Church of God in Christ, Full Gospel, and Baptist Fellowships with Marketing and Ministry Enhancements throughout the State of Louisiana.
- Has starred in more than 30 Gospel Stage Plays. Wrote and Directed 4 of his own.
- Church branding consultant and Clergy Affiliate for Tabernacle Baptist Church in Monroe, LA for 10 years and still currently affiliated.
- Studied, licensed, and prepared for Ministry Leadership under the respected Dr. Larry Hood.
- Associate Minister at Household of Faith Church in New Orleans, Antoine Barriere – Pastor
- Hosts seminars around the country about Technology In The Church, The Power of Theatrical Arts, Get The Ring Keep The Ring (Marriage Seminar), and Reaching Youth In An Evolving Society
Sandria is well accomplished in Business. Having managed several retail outlets all over Louisiana she learned the basics of Accounting and Management, two qualities that would later position her to assist her husband’s ministry efforts. Having climbed her way up the ladder within the Capital One Banking system she learned valuable principles to build the business side of their Ministry efforts. She currently works in the same capacity for Regions Bank.
She is very personal and humble. Members know her to be a great listener with very good discernment. She has extensive experience working with Youth and Women having assisted her husband in many of his Ministry Positions. They both are very big advocates for Marriage. It’s the one area of ministry they are both most comfortable. They were pinned to be Marriage Counselors on a Reality Show that they pitched, “Young & Married In New Orleans”. The two offer Marriage workshops and retreats all over the country.
Ro and Sandria are parents first. They have two very talented sons, Cadence (oldest) and Ethan (youngest). Residents of Slidell (New Orleans Northshore), they made New Orleans home years ago and have been very engaged in the Boy Scout District, New Orleans Mission, the award winning NOLA Spoken Word Community, Dillard University, The New Orleans Pelicans/Saints Community Outreach divisions and several other areas of the Metro.
Ro is one of the founders of Congo TV Network, a growing television platform available on Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Firestick, and Google Chrome. It is similar to Netflix. Ro produced 8 shows for the network by the end of 2018.
He is the owner of 100 BLK Radio, serviced in New Orleans. It is a wireless radio station available through more than 10 internet platforms. 100 BLK plays Today’s hits with a focus on 80’s and 90’s R&B. The station has a huge Gospel audience on Sunday mornings.
He is Co-Executive Producer of the reality show, This Is How We Do It, which stars he and his sons. It began airing on the Congo TV Network in 2019.